Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Book Club: Lowboy discussion

Lowboy: A NovelI actually think this is the best book I've suggested so far, but if anyone believes otherwise, this is as always the spot to share your thoughts.  The only thing that bothered me was the "revelation" that his mother was also mentally ill.  I thought that was pretty obvious after awhile, and at the end the author tried to make it seem like it was some sort of Shyamalan-like twist or reveal.  Beyond that, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Thoughts?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, so I liked this one as well. Kind of reminded me of Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (but probably just because of the subway aspect).

E said...

What I really enjoyed was the way the author wrote from inside the boy's perspective without relying on the typical "crazy person" style. It felt like he was able to give us the mindset without becoming cheesy or predictable. I have to give him credit for that, because if it was done poorly, it could have made the book unreadable.

Post a Comment