Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

pet peeve

Ok, so this sounds like a very cool video about how babies adopt language.  It's actually worth watching, if you can get through it all, which is what I'll discuss in a moment:


Now, can you guess what my problem is?  It's the sounds the speaker makes while talking.  What is with that horrible mushy/pasty sound that she makes as she speaks??  I realize there is bound to be saliva as we talk, but magnified like this it just becomes disgusting to listen to, and takes me right out of the presentation.  Truth be told, I don't know whether the fault lies in the speaker or in the sound technician perhaps having the microphone too close or too loud.  Whoever is responsible needs to do something about it though, because like I said, I end up distracted from the presentation and end up hearing those repulsive sounds instead.  And that's a bit ironic when you're trying to give a presentation about how you are heard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment