Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Catching up to 2003...

Continuing my pattern of being late to the game in adapting technology (see: cell phones, RSS), I've gone and gotten myself a blog.  I know - how trendy.  At this rate I should be on Twitter in 2017.  But I figure this blog will be a good place to direct all the random thoughts, links, and other nonsense that I generally either post on facebook or dump into people's inboxes.

The name? Well, the term supergeneralist is something I am pretty sure I picked up from Malcolm Gladwell's The Tipping Point (thought I can't seem to confirm that through a quick Google search).  But if I am remembering correctly, it refers to someone with a broad knowledge in a large variety of topics.  It's a term from the medical world (again, if memory serves) but I think it applies nicely since I try to be pretty well-versed in most subjects and also since this blog will be covering a fairly wide range.

I have no idea if anyone will pay attention to this or not, but the worst case scenario is that is helps me keep track of things I find interesting enough to be suggesting to others. Movies I've just seen (or want to see), news articles and thoughts on current events, good books (including the book club I run), overuse of parentheses - it'll be an assortment of things on my mind.  Plus it keeps me writing, which is something I've gotten too lazy about and should be doing more often.  So we'll see how this takes shape over time... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment